Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
LY LY is offline

Default Using auto filter after my worksheet is protected

After I have protected my worksheet, i can't go to DataFliterShow all
function doesn't work.

is there any way i can just the show all function even my worksheet is
protected?
--
LY
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Which Excel version do you use?

--
Wigi
http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music

"LY" wrote:

After I have protected my worksheet, i can't go to DataFliterShow all
function doesn't work.

is there any way i can just the show all function even my worksheet is
protected?
--
LY

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you already have the outline/subtotals/autofilter applied, you can protect
the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??).

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()
With Worksheets("sheet1")
.Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True
'.EnableOutlining = True
.EnableAutoFilter = True
'If .FilterMode Then
' .ShowAllData
'End If
End With
End Sub

It needs to be reset each time you open the workbook. (Earlier versions of
excel don't remember it after closing the workbook. IIRC, xl2002+ will remember
the allow autofilter setting under tools|Protection|protect sheet, but that
won't help when you're filtering via code.)

LY wrote:

After I have protected my worksheet, i can't go to DataFliterShow all
function doesn't work.

is there any way i can just the show all function even my worksheet is
protected?
--
LY

--