Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JohnGuts

Default Auto Filter with Protected Worksheet

Is it possible to use the auto filter functionality with a password
protected worksheet? I want the user to be able to filter their data,
but I want to protect and hide my formulas. Thanks for any help.

John

--
JohnGuts
JohnGuts's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30174

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
broro183

Hi John,

Yes, it is possible to use an autofilter on a password protected
sheet, but the filter functionality must be put in place before the
sheet is protected. There is a tickbox option for using the autofilter
in the list of things that users are to be allowed to do which appears
in the dialog box asking you to enter a password when you protect the
sheet (Well, there is in Excel 2002 & 2003 and I think there was in
2000).

To protect & hide your formulae have a look through the other options
in the password dialog box and use the normal "Format - Cells..."
approach.

hth
Rob Brockett
NZ
Always learning & the best way to learn is to experience...

--
broro183
broro183's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30068

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

If you already have the outline/subtotals/autofilter applied, you can protect
the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??).

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()
With Worksheets("sheet1")
.Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True
'.EnableOutlining = True
.EnableAutoFilter = True
End With
End Sub

It needs to be reset each time you open the workbook. (excel doesn't remember
it after closing the workbook.)

JohnGuts wrote:

Is it possible to use the auto filter functionality with a password
protected worksheet? I want the user to be able to filter their data,
but I want to protect and hide my formulas. Thanks for any help.

John

--
JohnGuts
JohnGuts's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30174
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=535281

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JohnGuts

Thanks for the info. It worked great! I didn't scroll down far enough
to see the check box in the password protect page. Thanks again.

John

--
JohnGuts
JohnGuts's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30174
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=535281

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
broro183

Hi John,
No problem, Thanks for the feedback pleased I could help.