Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how to make an IF function that has the same result as COUNTIF?

I imported a set of Color Functions from http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.aspx

And I want to replace where I added COUNTIF in my sheet with a new function
that will count in the specified range, using the specified criteria and if
the color is red.

So I thought that making an IF function that uses COUNT (replaced by
CountColor to make it look for red cells) would do the trick. I kindof got
stuck so any help is appreciated.

I'd also like to modify this formula:

=SUMPRODUCT(--('Intarzieri (2)'!B12:B1050=C4),('Intarzieri (2)'!D12:D1050))

so that it would add only the red celled ones.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you go back to Chip's page you will see he has an example with an array
formula
with red fill color

Peo Sjoblom

"Alex Khan" <Alex wrote in message
I imported a set of Color Functions from
http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.aspx

And I want to replace where I added COUNTIF in my sheet with a new
function
that will count in the specified range, using the specified criteria and
if
the color is red.

So I thought that making an IF function that uses COUNT (replaced by
CountColor to make it look for red cells) would do the trick. I kindof got
stuck so any help is appreciated.

I'd also like to modify this formula:

=SUMPRODUCT(--('Intarzieri (2)'!B12:B1050=C4),('Intarzieri
(2)'!D12:D1050))

so that it would add only the red celled ones.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

As far as I can tell you mean this formula:

=SUM(B11:B17*(COLORINDEXOFRANGE(B11:B17,FALSE,1)=3 ))

However, this will add up all the values, I'd like to add only the ones with
a specific criteria.

I have the following table (I've removed the column with each date):

Name Date
Name1 1/06/06
Name1 1/05/06
Name2 1/06/06
Name3 1/06/06
Name2 1/05/06

So,
I'm using COUNTIF(A1:A5,"Name 1") so that it will show me now many absences
does Name1 have (2).
However, if that absence was unmotivated I want to highlight it in red so
when I add up all the absences I want to see only the unmotivated ones.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Forget about COUNTIF, add the criteria to the example formula

=SUMPRODUCT(--(COLORINDEXOFRANGE(B11:B17,FALSE,1)=3),--(B11:B17="x"))

will count red x in B11:B17

Peo Sjoblom

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks a lot. That's what I wanted to do in the first place, forget about
COUNTIF :)

Your tip did the trick