Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Alex Khan[_2_] Alex Khan[_2_] is offline

Default how to make an IF function that has the same result as COUNTIF

As far as I can tell you mean this formula:

=SUM(B11:B17*(COLORINDEXOFRANGE(B11:B17,FALSE,1)=3 ))

However, this will add up all the values, I'd like to add only the ones with
a specific criteria.

I have the following table (I've removed the column with each date):

Name Date
Name1 1/06/06
Name1 1/05/06
Name2 1/06/06
Name3 1/06/06
Name2 1/05/06

So,
I'm using COUNTIF(A1:A5,"Name 1") so that it will show me now many absences
does Name1 have (2).
However, if that absence was unmotivated I want to highlight it in red so
when I add up all the absences I want to see only the unmotivated ones.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

If you go back to Chip's page you will see he has an example with an array
formula
with red fill color

Peo Sjoblom

"Alex Khan" <Alex wrote in message
I imported a set of Color Functions from
http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.aspx

And I want to replace where I added COUNTIF in my sheet with a new
function
that will count in the specified range, using the specified criteria and
if
the color is red.

So I thought that making an IF function that uses COUNT (replaced by
CountColor to make it look for red cells) would do the trick. I kindof got
stuck so any help is appreciated.

I'd also like to modify this formula:

=SUMPRODUCT(--('Intarzieri (2)'!B12:B1050=C4),('Intarzieri
(2)'!D12:D1050))

so that it would add only the red celled ones.