Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Macro for Edit/Copy/Paste Special

Would like assistance in creating a macro that will copy a cell, then
edit/copy/paste special/multiply that cell to an unknown column and row area
(ie the spreadsheet may have more or less rows and columns each time the
macro is used). My worksheets often require the use of the #1 to convert
data downloaded from our systems.

icanlearn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How I learned how to do these kind of items, is to go to under 'Tools', and
select 'Macro', and then select 'record new macro'. And then using your
mouse go through each step that you want to accomplish. When done, stop the
marco recorder, and hit the 'Alt Key' and 'F11 key' and you will see the
steps that was recorded.

Walter

"icanlearn" wrote:

Would like assistance in creating a macro that will copy a cell, then
edit/copy/paste special/multiply that cell to an unknown column and row area
(ie the spreadsheet may have more or less rows and columns each time the
macro is used). My worksheets often require the use of the #1 to convert
data downloaded from our systems.

icanlearn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have tried that. The problem is that to work thru the macro, you are
ultimately selecting a specified area of columns and rows. I want that part
to be flexible. I'm thinking the macro would have to stop to let you enter
the area, but I can't figure that part out.

Thanks for your response though.

Walter wrote:
How I learned how to do these kind of items, is to go to under 'Tools', and
select 'Macro', and then select 'record new macro'. And then using your
mouse go through each step that you want to accomplish. When done, stop the
marco recorder, and hit the 'Alt Key' and 'F11 key' and you will see the
steps that was recorded.

Walter

Would like assistance in creating a macro that will copy a cell, then
edit/copy/paste special/multiply that cell to an unknown column and row area

[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]

icanlearn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

post what you've already got from the recorder & indicate what you
need changed.
susan

Walter wrote:
How I learned how to do these kind of items, is to go to under 'Tools', and
select 'Macro', and then select 'record new macro'. *And then using your
mouse go through each step that you want to accomplish. *When done, stop the
marco recorder, and hit the 'Alt Key' and 'F11 key' and you will see the
steps that was recorded.

Walter

Would like assistance in creating a macro that will copy a cell, then
edit/copy/paste special/multiply that cell to an unknown column and row area

[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]

icanlearn- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Below is the macro. However, it is built around a specific range. I want to
be able to use the macro regardless of the range, but now on an entire
worksheet as some data in some of my worksheets should not be converted.

Sub Paste1()
'
' Paste1 Macro
' Macro recorded 7/17/2008 by sakej
'

'
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "1"
Range("D8").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("E8:J27").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteAll, Operation:=xlMultiply, _
SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
End Sub

Thanks for your help.

Susan wrote:
post what you've already got from the recorder & indicate what you
need changed.
susan

I have tried that. Â*The problem is that to work thru the macro, you are
ultimately selecting a specified area of columns and rows. Â*I want that part

[quoted text clipped - 18 lines]