Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Easy to do but cannot remember how!

A B
1 SUM(A1)
2 SUM(A1:A2)
3 SUM(A1:A3)
4
5
6
7

Question is, how do I fill down so that A1 stays as a constant? When I
hightlight and drag it will just add to the A1.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Chivalrous1" wrote:

A B
1 SUM(A1)
2 SUM(A1:A2)
3 SUM(A1:A3)
4
5
6
7

Question is, how do I fill down so that A1 stays as a constant? When I
hightlight and drag it will just add to the A1.

Ok I just figured it and answered my own question!

The formula is SUM=(A$1), Then higliht that cell and drag down

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Two solutions to your question
=sum($a$1:a1) - copy down

but in this case you could also
in B1 =A1
in b2 =B1+A2 - copy down

--
Wag more, bark less

"Chivalrous1" wrote:

A B
1 SUM(A1)
2 SUM(A1:A2)
3 SUM(A1:A3)
4
5
6
7

Question is, how do I fill down so that A1 stays as a constant? When I
hightlight and drag it will just add to the A1.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUM($A$1:A2) entered in B2 and copied down

In B1 just enter =A1 or =$A$1 but don't copy that.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP