Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
punter

Default I used to be able to do this, I can't remember how

Hi,

I have a sheet that is giving me some issues. It is a simple pivot
that has store # in column A and vendor name is column B. Ther are
upwards of 20 vendors for each store. When I run the pivot it puts the
store # in the first cell of the pivot and lists the vendors in the next
column. However, after the first column the store number is blank until
it gets to the next store. I am converting the pivot to values after I
run it.

What I'm trying to do is find a formula that will fill the store # for
all the blanks until it gets to the next store. I want it to fill in
all blanks with the store # above the blanks until it gets to the next
store. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

Eddie.

--
punter

punter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2044
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=518071

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max

Try Debra Dalgleish's page for some nice ideas on filling in the blank
cells:
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html
Fill Blank Cells
Fill Blank Cells Programmatically
--
Max
Singapore

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
punter

Thank you so very much. As always the kind and smart people on this
board had the solution to the issue.

Eddie