Wood

Default I downloaded excel and don't remember password how do I get

I for some reason needed to apply a password when I downloaded excell and
don't remember it. I cannot view my excel docs without it. What do I do?
Gord Dibben

Wood

From where did you "download" Excel?

Or do you mean "installed" Excel?

Maybe you have to activate it.

Need some more detail please.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 16:04:08 -0700, "Wood"
wrote:

I for some reason needed to apply a password when I downloaded excell and
don't remember it. I cannot view my excel docs without it. What do I do?

Wood

I install excel from the microsoft website. I found it interesting that a
password was needed. This is my first experience with this issue. I can not
remember entering a password. Hope this helps. I need the excel
spreadsheet format to view reports I received from my company. My laptop did
not come with excel so I did a free install.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Wood

From where did you "download" Excel?

wrote:

I for some reason needed to apply a password when I downloaded excell and
don't remember it. I cannot view my excel docs without it. What do I do?

Wood

That's FOLKS !!!
I figured out that the password that I need to employ is provided by my
company. They provided the free install and therefore I read my reports the
same as when I sign on with them...WEIRD !!!! but I'm okay now......

"Wood" wrote:

I for some reason needed to apply a password when I downloaded excell and
don't remember it. I cannot view my excel docs without it. What do I do?

Lady Layla

Wood

You dont need the 2003 Trial version of Excel to view the documents. This is
just a trial and will become useless to you unless you purchase it. FRom the
same website, you need to download the Excel 2003 Viewer. This is a free
download, does not ask for password and will not expire