Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sum of visible cells with multiple filters - Office 2007

I'm trying to make a commission schedule with basic setup like as follows:

A B C D E
1 Date Client Type Pay Tax
2 12 Jun Smith A 100 10
3 19 Jun Jones B 240 24
4 21 Jun Frost A 180 18
5 23 Jul Kris C 500 50

etc etc

Just say I wanted to put a 'Date' filter and a 'Type' filter on such as June
clients who are type A. This would reveal Rows 2 and 4.

I want a cell that I can label 'Total Pay' that will only show the sum of
visible cells which would be Rows 2 & 4 and would therefore show 280

Currently I am using =sum(D2:D5) which includes all cells whether they are
visible or not. I read the 'ignoring visible cells' article but that didn't
work.

Can someone tell me how to get a some of the filtered cells ONLY?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=subtotal(9,D2:D5)
If you have an active filter and use the Autosum button, you'll get that
subtotal function where you'd normally get a sum function.