Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Joe Joe is offline

Default IF Statements

Hi

I'm trying to write this if statement to calulate a minimum charge of £90
for 0-3hrs
=IF(N95=0,0,IF(N95<=3,90,N95*30)) however it's calculating £30 per hour
instead of charging the minimum charge.
I think the problem is that i'm going off monthly totals and should be using
a Vlookup to search the columbs for results? I'm unsure how to do this and
hopw it would fit with the formula i'm currently using.

Any help would be of great assistance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The formula is fine. You simply have to make sure that the hours you want to
change ARE IN cell N95. It CAN be a total. It CAN be a vlookup.
BUT it has to be in the cell you're looking at. ie N95.

--
Hope this helps.
If this post was helpfull, please remember to click on the ''''YES''''

"Joe" wrote:

Hi

I'm trying to write this if statement to calulate a minimum charge of £90
for 0-3hrs
=IF(N95=0,0,IF(N95<=3,90,N95*30)) however it's calculating £30 per hour
instead of charging the minimum charge.
I think the problem is that i'm going off monthly totals and should be using
a Vlookup to search the columbs for results? I'm unsure how to do this and
hopw it would fit with the formula i'm currently using.

Any help would be of great assistance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Charge not Change.
Sorry.