Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default the If Statements

I have a group of 5 colums in each month every colum has a amount in £ and I
have 15 months no I also have a colum with the total of all the months
together "M3", but now I have created check boxes for each month. What I want
to do if possable is when the month is checked i want the total of the 5
colums added together and subtracted from the yearly total "M3" and if i tick
a second month I want that also subtrackted from the yearly total "M3" but I
want every thin displayd in one colum here is my formula so far
"=IF(DI1=TRUE,SUM(DE3:DI3)-M3,0) -IF(DD1=TRUE,SUM(CZ3:DI3)-M3,0)" it doesnt
work is this at all possable and does this make sence.
Thanks for any help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try something like this:

M3-SUM(IF(DI1,DE3:DI3))-SUM(IF(DD1,CZ3:DI3))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"charlb" wrote in message
I have a group of 5 colums in each month every colum has a amount in £ and
have 15 months no I also have a colum with the total of all the months
together "M3", but now I have created check boxes for each month. What I
want
to do if possable is when the month is checked i want the total of the 5
colums added together and subtracted from the yearly total "M3" and if i
tick
a second month I want that also subtrackted from the yearly total "M3" but
want every thin displayd in one colum here is my formula so far
"=IF(DI1=TRUE,SUM(DE3:DI3)-M3,0) -IF(DD1=TRUE,SUM(CZ3:DI3)-M3,0)" it
doesnt
work is this at all possable and does this make sence.
Thanks for any help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Maybe this........
=IF(DI1=TRUE,SUM(DE3:DI3)-M3,0)&" "&-IF(DD1=TRUE,SUM(CZ3:DI3)-M3,0)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3