Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do i get the ¦ symbol using the symbol?

at the moment i am copying an pasting it into the selceted feilds but now it
wont let me do even that, how do i make this symbol on the keybopard. PLEASE
HELP :)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi, !

at the moment i am copying an pasting it into the selceted feilds
but now it wont let me do even that, how do i make this symbol on the keybopard...

try with alt + 0166 (0166 from the numeric keypad)

hth,
hector.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

As already mentioned Alt+0166 will give you the broken vertical bar. ¦
Alt+0194 will give you the circumflex. Â

Take a look at this site for more info
http://www.forlang.wsu.edu/help/keyboards.asp

HTH
Martin

"babybloo" wrote in message
at the moment i am copying an pasting it into the selceted feilds but now
it
wont let me do even that, how do i make this symbol on the keybopard.
PLEASE
HELP :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank You soooo much for that. Im gonna keep that page too in case i never
need it again , which i am sure i will as im not that fantastic with extra
things like that. Thanks again for your help :)

"babybloo" wrote in message
at the moment i am copying an pasting it into the selceted feilds but now
it
wont let me do even that, how do i make this symbol on the keybopard.
PLEASE
HELP :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome babybloo, thanks for posting back.

Here's another handy one to know.

Put =CHAR(ROW()) in the first cell of any column
and drag down to row 255. You can then see all the
available characters.

Just add the right amount of leading zeroes to the
row number where your character resides.

HTH
Martin