Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default what shortcut key do I use for the + symbol over the - symbol

I think the shortcut key is alt 241, is this correct?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

± = Alt 0177

HTH,
Elkar

I think the shortcut key is alt 241, is this correct?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I tried alt 0177 and nothing happen, I have Microsoft Office Professional
Edition 2003, would the shortcut key be the same as below?

"Elkar" wrote:

± = Alt 0177

HTH,
Elkar

I think the shortcut key is alt 241, is this correct?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm not trying to make you sound stupid but you realize that you have
to use the keypad to get these codes to work right?

Die_Another_Day

cherokee wrote:
I tried alt 0177 and nothing happen, I have Microsoft Office Professional
Edition 2003, would the shortcut key be the same as below?

"Elkar" wrote:

± = Alt 0177

HTH,
Elkar

"cherokee" wrote:

I think the shortcut key is alt 241, is this correct?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

uh, Ya, I do know that much. What else would I be using????

cherokee wrote:
I tried alt 0177 and nothing happen, I have Microsoft Office Professional
Edition 2003, would the shortcut key be the same as below?

"Elkar" wrote:

± = Alt 0177

HTH,
Elkar

"cherokee" wrote:

I think the shortcut key is alt 241, is this correct?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think what Die_Another_Day meant, was that the ALT codes only work work
with the Number Pad (right side of standard keyboard) and not with the
numbers located horizontally above the letters.

That said, if the problem still persists, then make sure you're holding down
the ALT key while typing the numbers, then releasing the ALT key only after
the last number is typed. Again, I know this is elementary, but we need to
start with the basics so as not to miss anything.

If its still not working, lets make sure your ALT key is functioning. Try
pressing ALT-F. Does it bring up the FILE menu? If not, try your other ALT
key (if your keyboard has 2). If nothing, then your keyboard may be
defective.

A work-around would be to use the Windows Character Map. This should be
found in the Start Menu under Accessories and System Tools. You can use this
to find all of the special characters, then copy and paste into other Windows
applications.

HTH,
Elkar

cherokee wrote:
I tried alt 0177 and nothing happen, I have Microsoft Office Professional
Edition 2003, would the shortcut key be the same as below?

"Elkar" wrote:

± = Alt 0177

HTH,
Elkar