Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Deb Deb is offline

Default Protecting specific columns within a worksheet

Hi,

I am using EXCEL 2003 and have been trying to protect the first 3 columns in
a worksheet so that no one can inadvertently change or delete the data.
However, when I do what "HELP" recommends all formatting is turned off for
the rest of the worksheet, i.e. bold, font color, etc.

Is there a way to protect specific columns from any input while at the same
time allowing the remaining columns to be formated in a single worksheet?
--
Deb
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

As default, excel will protect all cells on the worksheet, as you need to
protect just columns a, b and c, you should:

- seletct columns D until IV - right click -- Format Celss -- Protections
tab -- uncheck Locked box.

- now the range d1:iv65536 will not protected when you proteced the sheet.
Tools - Protection.

have notice passwords are easy broken..

hth

--