Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default protecting specific parts of my worksheet.

I made an attendance worksheet that has the first three columms tthat need
protection and the columns with formulas in that need protection but the rest
of the areas need to be available to add information. how do I lock or
protect just what I want protected and allow the other useres to do there
thing.

Needing your assistance thankfully
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

1. unprotect the sheet
2. unlock all cells
3. select the cells or rows or columns to be locked
4. Format Cells... Protection Locked
5. protect the sheet

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200731

"Yaka" wrote:

I made an attendance worksheet that has the first three columms tthat need
protection and the columns with formulas in that need protection but the rest
of the areas need to be available to add information. how do I lock or
protect just what I want protected and allow the other useres to do there
thing.

Needing your assistance thankfully

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Yaka

By default, all cells are protected when sheet protection is enabled.

Hit CTRL + a(twice in 2003) to select all cells.

FormatCellsProtection. Uncheck "locked" and OK out.

Select the cells you want protected and FormatCellsProtection

Check "locked".

ToolsProtectionProtect Sheet. Note the options when protecting.

Supply a password and OK.

Excel's internal security is weak but this will prevent overwriting by accident.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP