Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel
AN AN is offline

Default Auto filter question

Hi,
Can you help me with a certain formula using auto filter?

A B C D E
1 apple 1 2007
2 apple 3 2008
3 kiwi 5 2007
4
5 =SUBTOTAL(9;B1;B3) Apples result of both filterable
6 Kiwi result of both auto filter

If I use auto filter apple on Kolom A, B5 gives: 4
If I use auto filter apple on kolom A and auto filter 2007 on kolom C,
B5 gives: 1

What is the formula if I want to have these results put into a separate
cell, e.g. E5 and E6?
I know the formula to add up results without the use of the auto filter,
but it doesn't work when e.g. I want only the result of 2007.

THX for your Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel

Try something like this:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(B2:B4="apple"),--(D2:D4=2007),C2:C4)
Regards,
Stefi

€žAN€ ezt Γ*rta: