Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Auto Filter question

I have a list of 20 items that I want to use Auto Filter to determine the top 3 and bottom 3 scores, with ties. I find that Auto Filter is perfect for it.

My question is if anyone knows if there is a way to have the Auto Filter function results be copied to another location?

I've tried to use the Advanced Auto Filter and copy but so far it will only copy the entire list as it does not filter first.

Any suggestions or ideas.

Thanks,

Mike Raphael

It has removed 1136 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You must be doing something wrong there, otherwise this method of
copying the output of the Auto Filter is correct

Please do it once more

Thanks
Shail

Michael Raphael wrote:
I have a list of 20 items that I want to use Auto Filter to determine the top 3 and bottom 3 scores, with ties. I find that Auto Filter is perfect for it.

My question is if anyone knows if there is a way to have the Auto Filter function results be copied to another location?

I've tried to use the Advanced Auto Filter and copy but so far it will only copy the entire list as it does not filter first.

Any suggestions or ideas.

Thanks,

Mike Raphael

It has removed 1136 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C6BD34.A09C6170

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
<HTML<HEAD
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2912" name=GENERATOR
<STYLE</STYLE
</HEAD
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff
<DIV<FONT face=Arial</FONT&nbsp;</DIV
<DIV<FONT face=ArialI have a list of 20 items that I want to use Auto Filter
to determine the top 3 and bottom 3 scores, with ties.&nbsp; I find that Auto
Filter is perfect for it.</FONT</DIV
<DIV<FONT face=Arial</FONT&nbsp;</DIV
<DIV<FONT face=ArialMy question is if anyone knows if there is a way to have
the Auto Filter function results be copied to another location?</FONT</DIV
<DIV<FONT face=Arial</FONT&nbsp;</DIV
<DIV<FONT face=ArialI've tried to use the Advanced Auto Filter and copy but so
far it will only copy the entire list as it does not filter first.</FONT</DIV
<DIV<FONT face=Arial</FONT&nbsp;</DIV
<DIV<FONT face=ArialAny suggestions or ideas.</FONT</DIV
<DIV<FONT face=Arial</FONT&nbsp;</DIV
<DIV<FONT face=ArialThanks,</FONT</DIV
<DIV<FONT face=Arial</FONT&nbsp;</DIV
<DIV<FONT face=ArialMike Raphael</FONT</DIV<BR
<HR
I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users.<BRIt has removed
1136 spam emails to date.<BRPaying users do not have this message in their
emails.<BRTry <A href="http://www.spamfighter.com/go.asp?t=249"SPAMfighter</A
for free now!<BR</BODY</HTML

------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C6BD34.A09C6170--

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Mike

You can do this to copy the filter range to new sheet

Copy the filter result
1) Be sure that the active cell is in the data range
2) Press Ctrl * to select all data or use F5SpecialCurrent regionOK
3) Ctrl c or EditCopy
4) InsertWorksheet
5) Ctrl v or EditPaste
6) Select the sheet with the filter
7) Press Esc
8) Press Alt d f f or DataFilterAutoFilter to turn off AutoFilter

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Michael Raphael" wrote in message . ..

I have a list of 20 items that I want to use Auto Filter to determine the top 3 and bottom 3 scores, with ties. I find that Auto Filter is perfect for it.

My question is if anyone knows if there is a way to have the Auto Filter function results be copied to another location?

I've tried to use the Advanced Auto Filter and copy but so far it will only copy the entire list as it does not filter first.

Any suggestions or ideas.

Thanks,

Mike Raphael

It has removed 1136 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Ron:

Thanks for the details.

I did that, copying the results after filtering. That works fine.

I was trying to learn if it could be done in one step!!!!
Not a problem doing two small steps.