Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Auto-filter Question

Hello. Got a quick auto-filter question on Excel 2003.

I have 2 sheets: Data & Summary

On the Data sheet, I have a table of transactions for a given month. It has
ClientID, Client Info, TransactionAmount, Discounts, Transaction Date

On the Summary sheet, I have just totals for the entire Month.

What I want to do is to be able apply a filter the Data Sheet for one
specific ClientID and the summary page should update the calculations for
that selected ClientID.

I tried using Auto-Filter in the data sheet but the formulas is still
calculating the entire data sheet.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you very much in advance.

Brig

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could use the Subtotal function on the summary sheet, to calculate
the totals for the filtered rows. There are instructions he

http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions01.html#Filter

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures