Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Hide Group Boxes Around Option Buttons

I need to hide the group box (lines and all) around each set of option
(radio) buttons for an electronic form that goes to customers. It's just for
aesthetic purposes - mgt doesn't want to see the lines! Any/all help is
greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

There are several places you could put this code, here's one

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
ActiveSheet.GroupBoxes.Visible = False
End Sub

Mike

"salqa" wrote:

I need to hide the group box (lines and all) around each set of option
(radio) buttons for an electronic form that goes to customers. It's just for
aesthetic purposes - mgt doesn't want to see the lines! Any/all help is
greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks, Mike, but I don't understand - would you elaborate as to what you
mean by "several places"? Also, when you reference "code", is that the same
as "formula"? Your help is appreciated!

"salqa" wrote:

I need to hide the group box (lines and all) around each set of option
(radio) buttons for an electronic form that goes to customers. It's just for
aesthetic purposes - mgt doesn't want to see the lines! Any/all help is
greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Once the boxes are invisible then they remain invisible so you could simply
put the line of code in the immediate window.

ALT+Fll and then Ctrl + G to open immediate window.
Paste the code in and hit enter and the boxes on the active sheet become
invisible. Make each sheet the active one by selecting it's tab and repeat
the above.

The example I gave you was to use event code.
Alt + F11 to open VB editor. Double click the sheet name where you have
boxes and paste the 3 lines in on the right. Doing it this way the next time
you activate the sheet the box will become invisible. There's a slight
penalty for doing it that way in that the code runs every time you activate a
sheet even though the boxes are already invisible but the penalty is trivial.

And the one last way is this. Alt + Fll to open VB editor. Double click
'This workbook' and paste this in on the right

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
For Each Sheet In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
Sheet.GroupBoxes.Visible = False
Next
End Sub

When the workbook is opened all boxes on all sheets become invisible

HTH.

Mike

"salqa" wrote:

I need to hide the group box (lines and all) around each set of option
(radio) buttons for an electronic form that goes to customers. It's just for
aesthetic purposes - mgt doesn't want to see the lines! Any/all help is
greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default hiding group boxes around option buttons - excel

I would like to hide the group boxes around option buttons. I have tried the methods outlined by Mike and none of them worked for my spreadsheet. There are approx. 160 group boxes on my spreadsheet.
As a test I copied a small portion of the grounp boxes to another spreadsheet and I'm please to say that Mike's suggestions did work.
I would appreciate very much if anyone can offer any suggestions as to what may be 'going wrong'?
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

activesheet.groupboxes.visible = false
will work for a small (whatever that means) number of groupboxes.

But if you have lots, you can use:

dim GBX as groupbox
for each GBX in activesheet.groupboxes
gbx.visible = false