Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formatting option buttons & group box

I have entered two pairs of option buttons into my worksheet and would like
to know the following:

1) If there is any difference in using the Control Toolbox or Forms toolbar
Option Button icons

2) Confirm whether locating the two pairs of buttons within a Group Box from
the Forms toolbar will keep (i.e. I should be able to select either button in
both pairs, not one button from all four)

3) How to format the Group Box so that the border is transparent & the
Option Buttons so that they are transparent and the button located in the
middle of the shape

Thanks

--
R Ormerod
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

#1. Yep. Or MS wouldn't offer both <bg.

If you use the Optionbutton from the control toolbox toolbar look at its
properties (right click on it when you're in design mode), you'll see that it
supports a bunch of properties that the optionbutton from the Forms toolbar
doesn't support.

There are a lot more events (VBA procedures) that are supported with the control
toolbox, too.

The way you group the Forms version is to use a groupbox (also on that Forms
toolbar). The way you group the control toolbox toolbar is to make sure that
each optionbutton in the group shares the same groupname property.

#2. A little experimenting will help you decide that--it shouldn't take too
long. But remember the groupbox will work with the Forms toolbar
optionbuttons--it won't help with the control toolbox toolbar optionbuttons.

#3. You can hide the groupboxes in code--I don't think that there's any other
way.

Hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE
hit ctrl-g to see the immediate window
type this and hit enter.

activesheet.groupboxes.visible = false

If you only want to hide a single groupbox, you can use something like:

activesheet.groupboxes("group box 1").visible = false

===========
If you're building some sort of survey (maybe not with just groups??), you may
want to look at this from Debra Dalgleish's site:
http://contextures.com/xlForm01.html

R Ormerod wrote:

I have entered two pairs of option buttons into my worksheet and would like
to know the following:

1) If there is any difference in using the Control Toolbox or Forms toolbar
Option Button icons

2) Confirm whether locating the two pairs of buttons within a Group Box from
the Forms toolbar will keep (i.e. I should be able to select either button in
both pairs, not one button from all four)

3) How to format the Group Box so that the border is transparent & the
Option Buttons so that they are transparent and the button located in the
middle of the shape

Thanks

--
R Ormerod