Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Creating multiple workbooks

Is there anyway I can use information on an excel worksheet to create
multiple files? I have data on say 'Tab1'. I have subtotalled data by cost
centers. Can I get a new file created in excel for each cost center ? Can I
have a naming sequence assigned to this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm#workbook

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Poorvi" wrote in message ...
Is there anyway I can use information on an excel worksheet to create
multiple files? I have data on say 'Tab1'. I have subtotalled data by cost
centers. Can I get a new file created in excel for each cost center ? Can I
have a naming sequence assigned to this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I want to name each file after each cost center. So what I mean is if I have
data subtotalled by Cost center as follows:

Cost Center Asset No. Asset Value Tag No. etc.

Can I create one workbook for each cost center, named after the cost center.

"Poorvi" wrote in message
Is there anyway I can use information on an excel worksheet to create
multiple files? I have data on say 'Tab1'. I have subtotalled data by cost
centers. Can I get a new file created in excel for each cost center ? Can
have a naming sequence assigned to this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This macro will do what you want. I chose "C:\The Folder" as the path.
Otto
Sub CreateWorkbooks()
Dim ThePath As String
Dim rColA As Range
Dim i As Range
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
ThePath = "C:\The Folder\"
Set rColA = Range("A2", Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
For Each i In rColA
Workbooks.Add
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=ThePath & i.Value & ".xls"
ActiveWorkbook.Close
Next i
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub