Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Creating a single workbook from multiple workbooks

I have 186 workbooks that each have single sheets all in the same format,
what I would like to do is combine the workbooks into one, It can either be
in a single sheet or multiple sheets. I would like to name each sheet with
the value in A1.

Any help will be really appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can open workbook 1, then 2. with 2 open, Edit/Move or copy sheet, then
select workbook 1. then do the same opening 3, 4, 5, etc, copying them into
1.
Just double click on the tab to name them, preferably a short name as you
will run out of space at the bottom of the screen for tabs. Your only limit
to number of sheets is the memory in your computer.
I once did about 50 sheets of warehouses with 200 products each with a
summary sheet. got very slow, but it worked.

"Scrum Down" wrote:

I have 186 workbooks that each have single sheets all in the same format,
what I would like to do is combine the workbooks into one, It can either be
in a single sheet or multiple sheets. I would like to name each sheet with
the value in A1.

Any help will be really appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I appreciate your answer, but as this will be very labour intensive, I would
have thought vba code would be able to do the required operation without much
problem. I have only seen code to do the reverse and put mutliple workshets
into workbooks.

"Scrum Down" wrote:

I have 186 workbooks that each have single sheets all in the same format,
what I would like to do is combine the workbooks into one, It can either be
in a single sheet or multiple sheets. I would like to name each sheet with
the value in A1.

Any help will be really appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Take a look at Ron de Bruin's site. He has lots of code for combining
Worksheets and Workbooks.
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

--
Regards