Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default creating multiple sheets, then individualized workbooks for each sheet

Hello,

From a data sheet, which includes 60 reps with multiple accounts and

products, I need to create individualized workbooks for each rep, so
they would not be able to see each other's accounts. Each rep's
workbook should contain a drop box where they could switch between the
different accounts and possibly products.

I'm brand new at this - any ideas?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Start here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

wrote in message ups.com...
Hello,

From a data sheet, which includes 60 reps with multiple accounts and

products, I need to create individualized workbooks for each rep, so
they would not be able to see each other's accounts. Each rep's
workbook should contain a drop box where they could switch between the
different accounts and possibly products.

I'm brand new at this - any ideas?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Nov 4, 6:05 am, "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
Hi

Start herehttp://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruinhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

wrote in oglegroups.com...
Hello,

From a data sheet, which includes 60 reps with multiple accounts and

products, I need to create individualized workbooks for each rep, so
they would not be able to see each other's accounts. Each rep's
workbook should contain a drop box where they could switch between the
different accounts and possibly products.

I'm brand new at this - any ideas?

Thank you.- Hide quoted text -

Ron,

Thank you so much for all the great info. I got this project dumped on
me and I have no VBA skills, so I have a lot of work ahead of me.

Alina

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If it's a data sheet, can you use a PivotTable to access it? This
would create the dropdowns to switch between different accounts, and
also products. You could use some VBA to prevent them from selecting
others' accounts. For example, if your datasheet were a table in a
database on a server (in Access for instance), you could use Excel to
query each rep's accounts (either entering credentials or current
login) and display the PivotTable for just their products from the
query.

On Nov 3, 8:54 pm, wrote:
Hello,

From a data sheet, which includes 60 reps with multiple accounts and