Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pivot table - display all labels (i.e: do not summarise) how to?

Dear all, i am pivotting large lists of equipment required for a construction
project, and cannot get excel to display labels correctly.

i.e:

if i have a room, with 2 items in it, the pivot table will only display the
room label once, below is a simplified summary of my pivotted data:

Room: Item: Quantity:
1a Desk 1
1b Desk 2
Chair 1
1c Desk 1

therefore, i must copy the room code "1b" down into the empy cell next to
"chair".
this is proving so time consuming when dealing with thousands of items.
i can get excel to merge labels (by ticking 'merge labels') but i cannot get
excel to copy labels into blanks (if there is such a command)

please help.

Regards, Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not possible to do this and keep it a pivottable.

I copy the pivottable to a new worksheet and paste|special values. That copy is
no longer a pivottable, but I can do anything I want to the data.

Including following these techniques from Debra Dalgleish's site:
http://contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html

--

Dave Peterson