Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JenL

Default PIvot Table - Repeat Row Labels

1) In a pivot table with mutliple "row fields" I need the data label for
each row field to repeat on each and every line instead of grouping them with
blank cells between each unique row field.

2) Also, I have multiple data items as well. If the value is zero or
blank, is there a way to make that value for the person not show up at all
instead of a line with a blank or zero value?

I know this data would be better managed in Access....but our company does
not let us use that program. :(
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

#1. Pivottables don't work that way. You could convert it to text and fill
those cells, though.

Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at:
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html

#2. I'm not sure you can hide the 0 values. But after you convert it to text,
you can do anything you want.

I sometimes do this to hide/show what I want. I'll insert another column and
create a formula that determines if that row should be shown or hidden.

=if(a2=0,"Hide","show")

then use that field in the page field of the pivottable. I can choose to see
only the "Shows".

--

Dave Peterson