Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default lock cells

Can you lock individual cells whereby it takes a different password to unlock
each individually locked cell?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

ToolsProtectionAllow Users to Edit Ranges.

Each range which can be a single cell can have its own password.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 2 May 2008 14:54:00 -0700, John R
wrote:

Can you lock individual cells whereby it takes a different password to unlock
each individually locked cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Gordon,
Jumping in...
I have XL2000 - don't seem to have the 'Allow Users to Edit Ranges' in my
protection options. Am I missing something, or is that a feature of later
versions?
Regards - Dave.

wrote:

Can you lock individual cells whereby it takes a different password to unlock
each individually locked cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I skipped XL2000 when I went from 97 to 2002 so can't speak to that question but
probably came in with 2002 version along with some other new features for
protecting worksheets.

Keep eye on this, someone will drop in with an answer.

Gord

wrote:

Can you lock individual cells whereby it takes a different password to unlock
each individually locked cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Gordon & Dave,
Thanks for the info.
Regards - Dave.

lock used cells MIke Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 6 October 20th 07 12:20 AM
lock cells Novice New Users to Excel 4 November 30th 06 01:44 AM
How lock just some cells Cowtoon New Users to Excel 2 September 29th 06 11:21 PM
How do I lock all cells in a given row together to one another? Michael Goldman Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 May 27th 06 08:17 AM
Lock Cells Diana Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 September 26th 05 07:27 PM