Diana

Default Lock Cells

I was wondering if someone could help me...I was wondering if there was any
way to lock a couple of cells so that the information cannot be erased, only
modified when needed?
David Billigmeier

First, make sure all cells are unlocked... Format-Cells-Protection and
unselect 'Locked'

Second, select only the cells you want to lock and Format-Cells-Protection
again, this time make sure 'Locked' is checked (for these cells).

Third, Tools-Protection-'Protect Sheet'

The first step will make sure only the cells you don't want changed remain
locked, while the other cells remain editable.

Dave

"Diana" wrote:

I was wondering if someone could help me...I was wondering if there was any
way to lock a couple of cells so that the information cannot be erased, only
modified when needed?

Myrna Larson

Hi, Dave:

I believe the OP said she wanted to be able to change the data in these cells
but not clear (erase) them. If that's the case, Data/Validation may fill the
fill. There you can disallow blanks.