Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default lock cells

Can I lock a condition alone in a cell so that the cell still can be modified

Example

in A1 I have a drop down list (select A, B ,C)
n B1 I have IF(A1="A","Ape",IF*(A1="B", "Banana",if(C1="","")))
How do I protect C1 from being deleted when users fill in the form?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

One guess hazarded .. perhaps you're asking this ? You can have cells
containing formulas locked against accidental erasure / overwriting.

If say, only col C contains formulas that's to be protected, then try this
sequence. Select the entire sheet, click Format Cells Protection tab
Uncheck "Locked" OK. Then select only col C, click Format Cells
Protection tab Check "Locked" OK. Then apply sheet protection via
clicking Tools Protection Protect Sheet Password? OK. That's it. Test
it out. Only col C would be protected. Elsewhere on the sheet, cells would be
unprotected, allowing for say, data inputs.
--
Max
Singapore
"novice" wrote:
Can I lock a condition alone in a cell so that the cell still can be modified

Example

in A1 I have a drop down list (select A, B ,C)
n B1 I have IF(A1="A","Ape",IF*(A1="B", "Banana",if(C1="","")))
How do I protect C1 from being deleted when users fill in the form?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Glad that turned out fine for you !
--