Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JoeBed

Default Lock all cells?

I have a survey sheet I made that I send by email to our office. After
the survey is filled out we have our customer sign it via signature
pad. Is there a way to lock all unprotected cells before I send it so
it can't be changed at the office? I have the "send mail" attachment
but I don't think it will work. In it anyone would have to unprotect
the survey first and that would be a mess.

Could I add a command button that would lock all cells? I would not
know what the code would be. Or is there an easier way?

Thanks for any help.
Joe

--
JoeBed
JoeBed's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21368

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Excel's worksheet protection is very easily broken.

You could unprotect the worksheet
lock all the cells
reprotect the worksheet

But this will only momentarily delay anyone who's interested in making a change.

JoeBed wrote:

I have a survey sheet I made that I send by email to our office. After
the survey is filled out we have our customer sign it via signature
pad. Is there a way to lock all unprotected cells before I send it so
it can't be changed at the office? I have the "send mail" attachment
but I don't think it will work. In it anyone would have to unprotect
the survey first and that would be a mess.

Could I add a command button that would lock all cells? I would not
know what the code would be. Or is there an easier way?

Thanks for any help.
Joe

--
JoeBed
JoeBed's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21368
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=547414

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JoeBed

Thanks for the reply Dave,
Actually I want to have the user lock the worksheet down to were even
they can't change it. After the customer signs the signature pad, the
sheet would be locked permanently.

Joe

--
JoeBed
JoeBed's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21368
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=547414

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

You could give them a macro that would do that unprotection, locking and
reprotecting, but that kind of protection really isn't made for excel. It's
easily broken.

JoeBed wrote:

Thanks for the reply Dave,
Actually I want to have the user lock the worksheet down to were even
they can't change it. After the customer signs the signature pad, the
sheet would be locked permanently.

Joe

--
JoeBed
JoeBed's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21368
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=547414

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JoeBed

Dave,
Is there a way that we can save the spreadsheet to a PDF file or
something that doesn't have the formulas? Or any way to change the
worksheet that we could email instead of the excell version?
Joe

--
JoeBed
JoeBed's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21368
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=547414

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

I don't know enough about PDF files to be helpful.

Maybe someone else will jump in.

JoeBed wrote:

Dave,
Is there a way that we can save the spreadsheet to a PDF file or
something that doesn't have the formulas? Or any way to change the
worksheet that we could email instead of the excell version?
Joe

--
JoeBed
JoeBed's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21368