Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Lock all cells?

Excel's worksheet protection is very easily broken.

You could unprotect the worksheet
lock all the cells
reprotect the worksheet

But this will only momentarily delay anyone who's interested in making a change.

JoeBed wrote:

I have a survey sheet I made that I send by email to our office. After
the survey is filled out we have our customer sign it via signature
pad. Is there a way to lock all unprotected cells before I send it so
it can't be changed at the office? I have the "send mail" attachment
but I don't think it will work. In it anyone would have to unprotect
the survey first and that would be a mess.

Could I add a command button that would lock all cells? I would not
know what the code would be. Or is there an easier way?

Thanks for any help.
Joe

--
JoeBed