Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michael Goldman

Default How do I lock all cells in a given row together to one another?

I have created a spreadsheet of 80 rows of business contacts with 7
columns-name, address etc. I want to to be able to sort all that informatioin
by columns - i.e. postcode, name-alphabetically etc - making sure that the
whole of the row stays together, regardless of which column I hjave
designated for sortinr. E.G. At the momenet, if I sort by postcode, the
postcode column re-appears in numerical order, but the names, addresses,
phone numbers columns in each row, all stay where they are and so the
information is invalid. What I want is that when I sort by postcode, all the
information stays together with all of its parts (columns).
Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bgeier

When you do your sort, you must select the whole spreadsheet then do
your sort,that way all of the data stays together as in the original
list.

--
bgeier
bgeier's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=12822