Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default variable worksheet with movable cell

Hello,

I would like to create a table that references the same cell in variable
worksheets.

A worksheet name is stored in A12.
The cell I want to reference in each worksheet is in R7.

I was using this formula:

=IF($A$16="","",INDIRECT("'"&$A$16&"'!S7"))

However, overtime I may want to add columns/rows to the individual
worksheet. How can the cell R7 update in my formula if I do this.

Any help appreciated!

Ellen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It is clear that if the address in R1 has to work for all the sampled
worksheets, then rows and columns added must be the same for all worksheets.
Therefore rather than use an address (like Z100), use a Named Range. This
will adjust as rows/columns are added
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200781