Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default worksheet name variable external data cell

I have a workbook with several worksheets - one for every job, and each
worksheet is named with the job name. I am trying to make a summary sheet
with each job as one line, and I need to get a specific cell value ($C$4)
individually from each worksheet. The value for each line must correspond to
the correct job, so I have entered the job name in the first column of the
summary sheet I'm making. How can I use the job name (column 1 of the summary
sheet) to reference the correct worksheet when I call up the value of cell C4
from each sheet individually?
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I have a workbook with several worksheets - one for every job, and each worksheet is named with the job name. I am trying to make a summary sheet with each job as one line, and I need to get a specific cell value ($C$4) individually from each worksheet. The value for each line must correspond to the correct job, so I have entered the job name in the first column of the summary sheet I'm making. How can I use the job name (column 1 of the summary sheet) to reference the correct worksheet when I call up the value of cell C4 from each sheet individually?
Hello Chuck; this may help you.
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/excelM.htm#SheetNames
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Chuck,

It sounds like an interesting problem to solve. May I request you to mail
me the workbook at and explain the problem very
clearly.

Ashish Mathur
www.ashishmathur.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts