Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Variable worksheet name (tab) linked to cell in same worksheet

How can I give a variable name to a worksheet tab based on a cell in the
worksheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

right click sheet tabview codeinsert thisSAVE
When you change cell a1 the sheet name will change.

If Target.Address < "$A$1" Then Exit Sub
ActiveSheet.Name = Target

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"azbob" wrote in message
How can I give a variable name to a worksheet tab based on a cell in the
worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Don,

Thanks much for your quick response.

I must have missed something. After typing SAVE in Book 1 - Sheet1 (Code),
I clidked the X in the top right to close.

I then changed the value of cell a1 from "xxx" to "zzz" and the TAB remained
"Sheet1".

azbob

"azbob" wrote in message
How can I give a variable name to a worksheet tab based on a cell in the
worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Don,

Thanks for your patience. I've never used any macros.

I think I did exactly as you prescribed, but no success yet.

Please don't assume I know anything about this process, which is true.

If there is any presumed step, I probably missed it.

Bob

"Don Guillett" wrote:

I meant to copy/paste the macro into the worksheet module and then SAVE the
WORKBOOK.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"azbob" wrote in message
How can I give a variable name to a worksheet tab based on a cell in
the
worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Let's try again, by the numbers:
1. right click sheet tab for sheet where you want this macro
2. select view code
3.copy/paste the macro into the module

Now when you chage cell a1 the name of the worksheet will be changed to what
is in the cell. Try it with your name.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"azbob" wrote in message
How can I give a variable name to a worksheet tab based on a cell in
the
worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Don,

You are correct in your steps bythe numbers.
I mistakenly left the leading "" in the macro.

This works well.

If I link cell A1 to a cell in another worksheet, it works the first time
only.

I have to then delete the link from A1 and re-link to the corresponding
cell. Strange.

azbob