Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Blue Jay One

Default Can a cell be linked to display the name of the worksheet tab?

In Excel, workbook have a tab that displays the name of its worsheets. Excel
gives you the ability to customize the name of each worksheet by editing the
name of the tab.

What I would like to be able to do, is to have the ability to link the name
found on the worksheet tab name and insert its content unto a cell (any cell)
in the spreadsheet.

Yes, i know that it is possible to right click the workshhet tab and re-name
it.
Yes, I know that I can go to page set up and edit a header.

I want to do both in one operation

Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Paul B

Blue Jay, this will give you the sheet name, file must have been saved for
it to work
=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255)

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003