Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
azbob azbob is offline

Default Variable worksheet name (tab) linked to cell in same worksheet

Don,

Thanks for your patience. I've never used any macros.

I think I did exactly as you prescribed, but no success yet.

Please don't assume I know anything about this process, which is true.

If there is any presumed step, I probably missed it.

Bob

"Don Guillett" wrote:

I meant to copy/paste the macro into the worksheet module and then SAVE the
WORKBOOK.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"azbob" wrote in message
Don,

Thanks much for your quick response.

I must have missed something. After typing SAVE in Book 1 - Sheet1
(Code),
I clidked the X in the top right to close.

I then changed the value of cell a1 from "xxx" to "zzz" and the TAB
remained
"Sheet1".

azbob

"Don Guillett" wrote:

right click sheet tabview codeinsert thisSAVE
When you change cell a1 the sheet name will change.

If Target.Address < "$A$1" Then Exit Sub
ActiveSheet.Name = Target

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"azbob" wrote in message
How can I give a variable name to a worksheet tab based on a cell in
the
worksheet?