Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel Formula to concatenate record from 2 tables

I need to add data to record from a different table - Example:

Table 1 contains: Custmer, Invoice Number, Shipment Number, Product
Number, and many other details

Table contains: Custmer, Invoice Number, Product Number and some data
that are not exist in table 1 such as Amount left to be shipped

Is there a formula that I cann find the correct data that match 3
parmeters in table 1 and to bring it from table 2 to table 1 ?

hope I was clear enough'
thanks
NK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Look he
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctio...tml#IndexMatch

Check out Example 2 and Example 3. Your specific scenario may be a little
more complicated, but YES you can do it! I think the limit is like 31
conditions, or something like that.

Regards,
Ryan--

--
RyGuy

"Negda" wrote:

I need to add data to record from a different table - Example:

Table 1 contains: Custmer, Invoice Number, Shipment Number, Product
Number, and many other details

Table contains: Custmer, Invoice Number, Product Number and some data
that are not exist in table 1 such as Amount left to be shipped

Is there a formula that I cann find the correct data that match 3
parmeters in table 1 and to bring it from table 2 to table 1 ?

hope I was clear enough'
thanks
NK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have done this many times by adding a column to the left of the data,
concatenating the pertinent data to create a unique string and then using the
vLookUp function.

For example: Assume, after adding a new column A, that your Customer data
is in Column B, your Invoice Number is Column C and your Product Number is
Column D.

In Column A concatenate the three (3) key columns (B, C and D) with a
forumla in
Cell A2 similar to:

=B2&C2&D2

Copy the formula down and convert the column to values using Copy and
PasteSpecial as Values.

Do a similar step in the 2nd worksheet &/or workbook.

Now utilize the vLookUp function using the new columns as the "lookup_value"
and the "table_array" as the left-most column of the other data.

For example: if you have your data in worksheet: Sheet(1) and Sheet(2) and
you want to return the data that is in the 5th column of Sheet(2) where
column A of both worksheets contain the "lookup_value", the vLookUp function
would be:

=VLOOKUP($A2,'Sheet (2)'!$A$2:$E$103,5,FALSE)

Where 'Sheet (2)'!$A$2:$E$103 is the range containg the data on Sheet(2)

I hope this is of some help.

Good Luck.

"Negda" wrote:

I need to add data to record from a different table - Example:

Table 1 contains: Custmer, Invoice Number, Shipment Number, Product
Number, and many other details

Table contains: Custmer, Invoice Number, Product Number and some data
that are not exist in table 1 such as Amount left to be shipped

Is there a formula that I cann find the correct data that match 3
parmeters in table 1 and to bring it from table 2 to table 1 ?

hope I was clear enough'
thanks
NK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions