Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default CONCATENATE Formula

I'm trying to use this formula in Excel 2007. I have 5 cells I'm combining
and 1 of the cells uses the - TODAY() - formula. When concatenate returns
the value for this cell, it only displays numbers. How do I make this cell
return the date instead? Any help is appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Instead of just TODAY(), use

TEXT(TODAY(),"mm/dd/yyyy")

Change the mm/dd/yyyy to your desired date format.

If you want to only change the link, then change it like this example, from

E1

TEXT(E1,"mm/dd/yyyy")

where E1 has the formula

=TODAY()

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"jtinne" wrote in message
I'm trying to use this formula in Excel 2007. I have 5 cells I'm combining
and 1 of the cells uses the - TODAY() - formula. When concatenate returns
the value for this cell, it only displays numbers. How do I make this cell
return the date instead? Any help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

if A1 has:
"today is: "
and A2 has