Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I need to alert users with errors and warnings on a excel 2003 tem

I have set up a template composed of various tabs, with financial data.
I need to alert users when they make a mistake, and to show them where is
the error to correct it.
Your input will be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Well first of all, an Excel workbook (template in your case) is not composed
of tabs, it is composed of one or more worksheets, each of which has a tab.
Your question is so vague no one could answer you. You should provide
examples of what you're trying to accomplish.

Tyro

"LOST" wrote in message
I have set up a template composed of various tabs, with financial data.
I need to alert users when they make a mistake, and to show them where is
the error to correct it.
Your input will be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Quite an open-ended request.

Could you be a tad more specific with the details?

Alert before or after?

Data Validation can alert and prevent users from entering incorrect data.

Conditional formatting can alert users after they have entered incorrect data by
highlighting the data if it does not meet the condtion you set.

Either or both would maybe do the trick.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP