Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Inputting duplicate data alert MS Excel 2003

hi In MS Excel 2003 I am writing a list where I regularly have to input data
which I have already input but instead of having to remove all duplicate data
after finishing (using advanced filter) I would save massive amounts of time
if there is some kind of alert as soon as I begin inputting duplicate data
(e.g if I type 76 Main Street is there any way I could be alerted that I have
already typed that address so I do not type the whole record again which
takes alot of time)? Thanx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"qubit" wrote:

hi In MS Excel 2003 I am writing a list where I regularly have to input data
which I have already input but instead of having to remove all duplicate data
after finishing (using advanced filter) I would save massive amounts of time
if there is some kind of alert as soon as I begin inputting duplicate data
(e.g if I type 76 Main Street is there any way I could be alerted that I have
already typed that address so I do not type the whole record again which
takes alot of time)? Thanx

Never mind I checked again on web and found the answer is to select relevant
cells, click data, validation, allow:custom, formula -
=countif($a$1:$a$(input relevant last selected cell number here),a1)=1 and
that worked excellent