Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Combining data from various Sheets

I have data in three seperate sheets and they have exactly the same headings.

for example I have 10 records in each sheet.

I want to have all the 30 records appearing in a new sheet!! How do I get
the result?

I tried Import data but that doesn't work very effeciently!! Is tere any
function taht can help me to do that??

Cheers

Raja

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This should do it for you:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm

Regards,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy

"Raja" wrote:

I have data in three seperate sheets and they have exactly the same headings.

for example I have 10 records in each sheet.

I want to have all the 30 records appearing in a new sheet!! How do I get
the result?

I tried Import data but that doesn't work very effeciently!! Is tere any
function taht can help me to do that??

Cheers

Raja

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Raja,

Select one sheet, copy it, then one row beneath the bottom -left cell of the data table, type an =
sign, and navigate to the top -left cell of the data set on the next sheet and select that cell.
Make sure that the address in the resulting formula doesn't have any $s in it (use F4 to cycle the
$s), then press enter. Copy that formula cell across and down until all the data is imported, then
convert the formulas to values. Do the same for the next sheet, and then delete the three original
sheets and promise to never use more than one sheet for data in the future.

And if you need to, insert another column where you can enter the sheet name for each of the
records, if that is important. Then you can apply data filters and look at just those subsets of
data, just like having three sheets!

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP