Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel 2003; using a date in a formula

In cel B5 I have a date format; in cel L5 an ordernumber. I want Excel to
warn me if the date is 2 months (or more) later and if cel L5 is empty. this
warning will be shown is a different cell, i.e. Q5.

I am having trouble putting this in a formula or in conditional formatting.
Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi
2 months is about 60 days....put this in Q5...

=IF(AND(B5<(NOW()-60),L5=""),"warning!!!","")

regards
FSt1

"Eucalypta" wrote:

In cel B5 I have a date format; in cel L5 an ordernumber. I want Excel to
warn me if the date is 2 months (or more) later and if cel L5 is empty. this
warning will be shown is a different cell, i.e. Q5.

I am having trouble putting this in a formula or in conditional formatting.
Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
Thanks for the formula. At first glance Excel does not have any problems
with it and it returns with the warning. However, when I open the IF-dialog
box Excel tells me the formula is invalid.
KG, Eucalypta
--
A smile will carry you around the world

"Eucalypta" wrote:

In cel B5 I have a date format; in cel L5 an ordernumber. I want Excel to
warn me if the date is 2 months (or more) later and if cel L5 is empty. this
warning will be shown is a different cell, i.e. Q5.

I am having trouble putting this in a formula or in conditional formatting.
Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi
i just read down a list of available dialog boxes(258. vb help claims there
ar 794) and i didn't see a "if dialog" box. could you elaborate?

I'm confused. the formula work in tests and you claim it's working for you.
so i don't understand this "invalid" part.

regards
FSt1

"Eucalypta" wrote:

In cel B5 I have a date format; in cel L5 an ordernumber. I want Excel to
warn me if the date is 2 months (or more) later and if cel L5 is empty. this
warning will be shown is a different cell, i.e. Q5.

I am having trouble putting this in a formula or in conditional formatting.
Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
By the if dialog box, I meant the box that opens when i click fx in the task
bar. If I knew how, I would upload a screenprint.

I subscribe to your confusion. Have a nice weekend, I will be back on Monday.

"Eucalypta" wrote:

In cel B5 I have a date format; in cel L5 an ordernumber. I want Excel to
warn me if the date is 2 months (or more) later and if cel L5 is empty. this
warning will be shown is a different cell, i.e. Q5.

I am having trouble putting this in a formula or in conditional formatting.
Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi
that seems to be the insert function dialog box. Not on my list so it must
be part of the other 974.
but i just repeated tests and called up the insert function wizard and i
didn't get a invalid formula. works fine on this end. and per you previous
post your end too.
don't know what to say.
regards
FSt1

"Eucalypta" wrote:

In cel B5 I have a date format; in cel L5 an ordernumber. I want Excel to
warn me if the date is 2 months (or more) later and if cel L5 is empty. this
warning will be shown is a different cell, i.e. Q5.

I am having trouble putting this in a formula or in conditional formatting.
Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi David,
semi-colons is the regional setting. Does this in anyway influence the
formula?
KG, Eucalypta
--

"Eucalypta" wrote:

In cel B5 I have a date format; in cel L5 an ordernumber. I want Excel
warn me if the date is 2 months (or more) later and if cel L5 is empty.
this
warning will be shown is a different cell, i.e. Q5.

I am having trouble putting this in a formula or in conditional
formatting.
Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes. If your regional settings specify semi-colons as the list separator,
then the list of parameters in a formula will need to be separated by
semi-colons instead of by commas.
--
David Biddulph

"Eucalypta" wrote:

In cel B5 I have a date format; in cel L5 an ordernumber. I want
Excel
warn me if the date is 2 months (or more) later and if cel L5 is
empty.
this
warning will be shown is a different cell, i.e. Q5.

I am having trouble putting this in a formula or in conditional
formatting.
Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Using semi-colons does not seem to make a difference. Below the formula I
have typed:
=AND(ISNUMBER(B5);TODAY()<=B5)
Any other ideas?
KG, Eucalypta
--

"Eucalypta" wrote:

In cel B5 I have a date format; in cel L5 an ordernumber. I want
Excel
warn me if the date is 2 months (or more) later and if cel L5 is
empty.
this
warning will be shown is a different cell, i.e. Q5.

I am having trouble putting this in a formula or in conditional
formatting.
Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What result did you get from Excel when you tried that?
What results do you get from =ISNUMBER(B5) and from =TODAY()<=B5?
What date is in B5?
--
David Biddulph