Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel 2003; using a date in a formula

What result did you get from Excel when you tried that?
What results do you get from =ISNUMBER(B5) and from =TODAY()<=B5?
What date is in B5?
--
David Biddulph

"Eucalypta" wrote in message
Using semi-colons does not seem to make a difference. Below the formula I
have typed:
=AND(ISNUMBER(B5);TODAY()<=B5)
Any other ideas?

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Yes. If your regional settings specify semi-colons as the list
separator,
then the list of parameters in a formula will need to be separated by
semi-colons instead of by commas.
--
David Biddulph

"Eucalypta" wrote in message
Hi David,
semi-colons is the regional setting. Does this in anyway influence the
formula?

"David Biddulph" wrote:

What separator do your windows regional settings call for? Is it
looking
for semi-colons instead of commas?

"Eucalypta" wrote in message
Thanks for the formula. At first glance Excel does not have any
problems
with it and it returns with the warning. However, when I open the
IF-dialog
box Excel tells me the formula is invalid.

"FSt1" wrote:

hi
2 months is about 60 days....put this in Q5...

=IF(AND(B5<(NOW()-60),L5=""),"warning!!!","")

regards
FSt1

"Eucalypta" wrote:

In cel B5 I have a date format; in cel L5 an ordernumber. I want
Excel
warn me if the date is 2 months (or more) later and if cel L5 is
empty.
this
warning will be shown is a different cell, i.e. Q5.

I am having trouble putting this in a formula or in conditional
formatting.
Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance.