StangThang

Default Excel 2003 formula to calculate date

I need a formula to use to figure out dates automatically. Example, my start
date is 7/1/05 and the due date is 5 days. I need a formula that will let me
change the 7/1/05 date and recalcuate the 5 days for my next file.
Anne Troy

I don't understand the "for my next file" part, but if 7/1 is in A1, then
=A1+5 will give you the date you want. Just remember you have to format both
cells as dates.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"StangThang" wrote in message
I need a formula to use to figure out dates automatically. Example, my

start
date is 7/1/05 and the due date is 5 days. I need a formula that will let

me
change the 7/1/05 date and recalcuate the 5 days for my next file.

Adam Molinaro

I could be wrong, but I am guessing you actually just want business days,
since you're adding 5. That being the case, you may want to incorporate
NETWORKDAYS, which comes via one of the Add-Ins (Tools Add-Ins...), I think
either Analysis Toolpak or Solver Add-In. You can account for weekends and
holidays. You could also use some If statements with the WEEKDAY function.

Again, I'm just guessing, as I have had the same need in the past.

Adam.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

I don't understand the "for my next file" part, but if 7/1 is in A1, then
=A1+5 will give you the date you want. Just remember you have to format both
cells as dates.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"StangThang" wrote in message
I need a formula to use to figure out dates automatically. Example, my

start
date is 7/1/05 and the due date is 5 days. I need a formula that will let

me
change the 7/1/05 date and recalcuate the 5 days for my next file.

I'm using Excel 2003 to track a project. There are several cells with
formulas to calculate # of days prior to a set target date.

For example if I want to initiate an action 10 days prior to the target
date my cell reads "=A4-10" and it supplies the date. Is there a way
to have this calcuate in business days verses calendar days?

Tom Ogilvy

the analysis toolpak (shipped with excel - so likely it is installed) offers
the workdays function. See Excel help for details.

Tom Ogilvy

oups.com...