Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Challenge: Return the rightmost 12 values (rolling 12 months)

Hi,

Let's say there's a worksheet with the following headers:

Jan 2005 Feb 2005 .... Dec 2012

Cells below this are completed up to the current month.

I need to chart the most recent 12 months and have this move on
automatically as more months get added.

To do this, I'll have the months numbered 1 to 12 as headings, where 12 is
the most recently completed month (rightmost), 11 is the one before that and
so on, so 1 is a year ago.

Hope this makes sense.

Any way, how on earth would I go about this? Ideally the answer will be
formula driven...

Cheers,

Tom.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You can use the OFFSET function.
This will show you the technique for rows. Just swap row and column
information for your example.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicLast12.html

Cheers
Andy