Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
QD QD is offline

Default I need help with a formula for rolling twelve months

I am desperately looking ofr help here.

I have an attendance calendar for employees. for each day I have one
Square
A B
_________
10 | | | Date is entered here in the second cell
11 | | |
12 | | |
13 | |There is text entered herein this 4th row of
the square.
-----------------

Now I have a formula that goes through the entire calendar and counts
each text category in tell me how many times it sees it. Also it drops
date that is great than twelve months from eachday.

However this formula does not work if the date is not on the left
cell. If the date is in the right cell it will not work. What can I do
to this formula to make it work. Since I did the same in 2007 calendar
it is not working for 2007 either and only option I have is to do
something to this formula. Please help any one.

here is the formula: If the date is in cell B10
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A13:AC168="Unexcused Absence (whole)"),--
(A10:AC165DATE(YEAR(TODAY())-1,MONTH(TODAY()),DAY(TODAY()))))

2007 Rolling 12 Months Totals
Rolling 12 Months Total Unexcused absence (Whole) 1
Rolling 12 Months Total Unexcused absence (Half) 0
Rolling 12 Months Total for Unexcused Tardy 0
Rolling 12 Months total for No Call No Show 0

It will pick up and show one only if the date is in A10. However I
need it to work when the date is in B10. Help!!!

Thanks