tgdavis

Default Formula ? Return value from rightmost non-blank cell in a row of

Please help me with a formula for the following return last entry in row to
col. g:

a b c d e
f g
1 6/7/05 8/3/05 7/2/05
7/2/05

2 5/2/05
5/2/05

3 7/13/05 8/6/05
8/6/05

4 6/7/05 9/13/05
9/13/05

Domenic

For the last numerical value...

G1, copied down:

=LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,A1:F1)

....and format cells as date.

Hope this helps!

In article ,
"tgdavis" wrote:

Please help me with a formula for the following return last entry in row to
col. g:

a b c d e
f g
1 6/7/05 8/3/05 7/2/05
7/2/05

2 5/2/05
5/2/05

3 7/13/05 8/6/05
8/6/05

4 6/7/05 9/13/05
9/13/05

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
my

Default Formula ? Return value from rightmost non-blank cell in a row

Hi,

Just out of curiosity, how does the LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,A1:F1)
work?

"tgdavis" wrote:

Please help me with a formula for the following return last entry in

row to
col. g:

a b c d

f g
1 6/7/05 8/3/05 7/2/05
7/2/05

2 5/2/05
5/2/05

3 7/13/05 8/6/05
8/6/05

4 6/7/05 9/13/05
9/13/05

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

"Bob Phillips" wrote:
=IF(COUNTA(A1:F1)=0,"",LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+30 7,A1:F1))

Try the responder's excellent white paper at his:
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LastValue.html

(but don't ask me why Bob doesn't include a link to his site
in his sign-off <g)
--
Max
Singapore