Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Explode field

I have a field that has four sets of information that I need separated.
example:
PE PS C5 270
GR HJ L6 876
I need each piece of this field in a separate field

fi f2 f3 f4
PE PS C5 270
GR HJ L6 876
I don't care if it uses a formula or VBA
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi
if the set of information have spaces, i would recomend that you use text to
columns.
high light the range(column) you wish to parce.
on the menu bar .....
datatext to columns...
first screen, check delimited
second screen, check space
third screen, ignore, check finish.
done.
make sure that you have 3 empty columns to the right of the data sets
because this feature will overright any data to the right.

Regards
FSt1

"JustJo" wrote:

I have a field that has four sets of information that I need separated.
example:
PE PS C5 270
GR HJ L6 876
I need each piece of this field in a separate field

fi f2 f3 f4
PE PS C5 270
GR HJ L6 876
I don't care if it uses a formula or VBA
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

When you say "field", you mean "cell", right? Highlight your cells, click
Date/TextToColumns on Excel's menu bar and when the dialog box comes up,
click the Delimited option button, then Next, click in the Space check box
and then click Finish.

Rick

"JustJo" wrote in message
I have a field that has four sets of information that I need separated.
example:
PE PS C5 270
GR HJ L6 876
I need each piece of this field in a separate field

fi f2 f3 f4
PE PS C5 270
GR HJ L6 876
I don't care if it uses a formula or VBA
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How about neither...
Go to the Data menu and find "Text to Columns"
'--

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA
(Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming)