Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default conditional headings

I need to populate a heading on an excel spreadsheet based on a value keyed
by a user. It can be one of 12 values keyed in. How can I code the heading
to appear based on the chouice selected by the user?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Do a Lookup of the keyed-in value. See Vlookup, Hlookup, Lookup functions.

Tyro

"excel help acct" <excel help wrote in
message ...
I need to populate a heading on an excel spreadsheet based on a value keyed
by a user. It can be one of 12 values keyed in. How can I code the
heading
to appear based on the chouice selected by the user?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use =VLOOKUP()

See Excel Help on this function
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200765

"excel help acct" wrote:

I need to populate a heading on an excel spreadsheet based on a value keyed
by a user. It can be one of 12 values keyed in. How can I code the heading
to appear based on the chouice selected by the user?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Most likely, your answer is contained in this link, if not, post back:

Ryan--
--
RyGuy

"excel help acct" wrote:

I need to populate a heading on an excel spreadsheet based on a value keyed
by a user. It can be one of 12 values keyed in. How can I code the heading
to appear based on the chouice selected by the user?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assume the user enters a value between 1 and 12 inclusive into cell
A1. You could use this in another cell to return your heading:

=CHOOSE(A1,"One","Two","Three","Four","Five","Six" ,"Seven","Eight","Nine","Ten","Eleven","Twelve" )

Of course, you should substitute the headings you want for the
"numbers".

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 11, 7:00*pm, excel help acct <excel help
wrote:
I need to populate a heading on an excel spreadsheet based on a value keyed
by a user. *It can be one of 12 values keyed in. *How can I code the heading
to appear based on the chouice selected by the user?

Headings Dena B Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 August 11th 05 04:41 PM
Can I invert a table so row headings are now column headings etc Sharon Excel Worksheet Functions 3 February 10th 05 07:28 PM
Headings Craig Pfaff Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 January 3rd 05 08:09 PM
headings KSH Excel Worksheet Functions 3 November 14th 04 03:42 AM
Excel row headings vandan Excel Worksheet Functions 1 November 2nd 04 12:23 PM