KSH

Default headings

Is there a way to change the excel existing column headings, A B C... to put
in different titles, such as subjects: algebra, biology...? I was told
earlier to go to format style normal and then workbook; however, there was no
choice of workbook.
tjtjjtjt

No.
Closest you can get would be this:
You can put your headings in row one and hide the Column Headings (and Row
Headings--can't do one or the other) by choosing:
Tools | Optons and looking on the View Tab for Row & column headers under
Winsow options. Uncheck it.

tj

"KSH" wrote:

Is there a way to change the excel existing column headings, A B C... to put
in different titles, such as subjects: algebra, biology...? I was told
earlier to go to format style normal and then workbook; however, there was no
choice of workbook.

Myrna Larson

You can put your headings in row 1, then choose not to display the normal row
and column headers. Beware that this will make formula entry very difficult --
you'll have to do it by "pointing".

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 19:34:01 -0800, KSH wrote:

Is there a way to change the excel existing column headings, A B C... to put
in different titles, such as subjects: algebra, biology...? I was told
earlier to go to format style normal and then workbook; however, there was no
choice of workbook.

Myrna Larson

PS: Be aware that you can choose not to PRINT row and column headings, if that
is your ultimate goal.